1.Kapal Bhati Pranayam
What can be the best way of starting your yoga exercises for weight loss? Well begin with a breathing exercise of course! Kapal Bhati Pranayam is a form of breathing exercise that helps in oxygenating your body while strengthening the muscles around your abdomen and stomach. If you aim to flatten your tummy then this is the best yoga pose for you at it melts away your love handles and also improves digestion.
How To Perform Kapal Bhati Pranayam
- Sit comfortably on a yoga mat, while keeping your spine erect and your palms placed nicely on your knees facing downwards.
- Exhale through your nose and start pulling your stomach in towards your spine.
- Once you will start loosening your stomach muscles, you will automatically breathe in.
- Quickly contract your muscles again and start exhaling.
- Here your stomach muscles will be doing all the work of inhaling and exhaling.
- Do this initially about 50 times and then increase the number gradually as per your level of comfort.
Soreness around your abdomen muscles initially is quite common so don’t get worried about it. However, if you are suffering from hernia, heart disease or high blood pressure then avoid doing this pranayam.
Vasisthasana – Sage Pose
Vasishtasana is one of the best yoga pose that helps extensively in improving flexibility along with the sense of balance. Moreover, it works on your core muscles, shoulders and arms to reduce that extra flab.
How To Perform Vasisthasana
- Lie down on your stomach while bending your elbows and placing your palms below your shoulders.
- Tuck your toes in and push them towards the floor in such a way that it will straighten your elbows so that your upper body along with your pelvis will be lifted off the floor.
- Make sure the alignment of your body is same as at the time while you were lying down.
- Slowly twist your body towards the left and you release your left hand from the floor.
- Simultaneously turn your right foot to its outer edge and stack your left foot on the right foot. Don’t let your hips or pelvis drop. Hold it in the same alignment as it was earlier
- Look up and stay in this position for five breaths
- Repeat the pose to the other side